Re: Editing of the boot splash image

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:19:00 +0200
houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

erhaps we might see it in 11.4 or 12.0. The reason it might be even
later is that that YaST-boot would need to be rewritten. No idea if it
is planned and/or it might give problems with e.g. upgrades.

GRUB2 available in 11.3 - check YAST -> Software.

And it looks it'll be in 11.4:
openFATE:
https://features.opensuse.org/308497

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2010-02/msg00186.html

--
"I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent."
- Ashleigh Brilliant

  • Re: Editing of the boot splash image
    ... houghi wrote: ... later is that that YaST-boot would need to be rewritten. ... Just add the gfx boot slpash utilities, and splash Suse! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: installing more than 1 rpm package at once
    ...houghi, ... rpm -U upgrades or installs the package ... whereas rpm -F only upgrades if there is an earlier version installed. ... URL may be specified as a package. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)