Re: sensors reading on CLI

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:40:34 +0200, houghi wrote:

Where do the software programs get the CPU fan speed, temperature and
such?

In Mandriva - after installing lm_sensors - just entering 'sensors'
in the command line throws out a helluva lot of readings!

I have gkrellm (has GUI) installed, which - after doing "sudo
sensors-detect" - shows various readings, depending on what you ask
it to show.

--
/\/\aurice
Linux Mandriva 2010.0 32-bit PowerPack (i686 kernel)

  • Re: Intermittent high / fast idle?
    ... and inspect the output / readings of quite a few sensors. ... (coolant temp raising as you'd expect). ... And the mixture will be rich while the engine is warming up. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Dexcom continuous meter
    ... I asked Dexcom about the internet buzz on problems. ... They tell me they had a bad batch of sensors, which were replaced at no charge. ... I know someone who went through the bad sensors--then they got a new unit...and more sensors. ... They never got one 24 hour period with readings that were consistent. ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)
  • Re: Intermittent high / fast idle?
    ... and inspect the output / readings of quite a few sensors. ... (coolant temp raising as you'd expect). ... And the mixture will be rich while the engine is warming up. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Oven temperature heat survey
    ... One approach would be to use an error indication on the individual readings to qualify ... which sensors are actually in use.  Record only those sensors returning valid readings, ... test protocol, etc. ... We have prototyped a device we call the Chamber Mapper to validate/characterize ...
    (comp.lang.labview)
  • Re: tech: will hurricane cpu board work in a whitewater?
    ... all readings from board i tried to fix, ... possible bad factory chip? ... You had a relatively small switch matrix board problem, ... Installing them backwards can ...
    (rec.games.pinball)