Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?

11.3 32bit

My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either that module or the rt2800usb one. No problems, connects on hotplug. But if I try KNM on it it throws a security dialog three times in a row regardless of what encryption or none I set up and there's NO connection.

Where can I look for clues, if anywhere?

Thanks

  • Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either ... No problems, connects on hotplug. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either ... No problems, connects on hotplug. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... On 03/18/2011 10:27 AM, houghi wrote: ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either ... nm-applet was already installed so I killed off kde relateds and reset in yast to have NetworkManager do the job. ... Launched ok and 'shows' a connection icon but it's using module rt2800usb instead of rt2870sta and edit-connection doesn't do anything. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either ... KNM isn't throwing security alerts but a security (encryption) setup dialog to find out what level I want. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)