Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:07:04 -0400
rsink <rsink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

11.3 32bit

My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either
that module or the rt2800usb one. No problems, connects on hotplug. But
if I try KNM on it it throws a security dialog three times in a row
regardless of what encryption or none I set up and there's NO connection.

Where can I look for clues, if anywhere?

Thanks

Hi:

I've just started to use KNetworkManager, and had a load of finger
trouble. I eventually discovered that if you have to enter a passphrase
in hex, DON'T use lower-case alpha characters. I was un-impressed. This
may help, or it may not.

Good luck

Roger Pryor
Navy Gardens, Christ Church, Barbados, W.I.

  • Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either ... No problems, connects on hotplug. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either that module or the rt2800usb one. ... No problems, connects on hotplug. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... On 03/18/2011 10:27 AM, houghi wrote: ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either ... nm-applet was already installed so I killed off kde relateds and reset in yast to have NetworkManager do the job. ... Launched ok and 'shows' a connection icon but it's using module rt2800usb instead of rt2870sta and edit-connection doesn't do anything. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?
    ... My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either ... KNM isn't throwing security alerts but a security (encryption) setup dialog to find out what level I want. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)