Re: Is it NetworkManager or kNetworkManager?

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:07:04 -0400
rsink <rsink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

11.3 32bit

My rt2870sta based SMCUSBW-N wifi usb sets up with Yast using either
that module or the rt2800usb one. No problems, connects on hotplug. But
if I try KNM on it it throws a security dialog three times in a row
regardless of what encryption or none I set up and there's NO connection.

Where can I look for clues, if anywhere?

Thanks

Hi:

I've just started to use KNetworkManager, and had a load of finger
trouble. I eventually discovered that if you have to enter a passphrase
in hex, DON'T use lower-case alpha characters. I was un-impressed. This
may help, or it may not.

Good luck

Roger Pryor
Navy Gardens, Christ Church, Barbados, W.I.
.