Re: Changing a File's Date Stamp

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:23:23 UTC, "PaulRS" <prschmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The digital camera had the YEAR set to 2010 and so all our picture
files from this year are stamped with the proper Month, Day, and Time
BUT wrong year.

Is there a utility (or way) to change the File Year on the JPG's taken
this year?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

OK, I am still having trouble. I read the man page and I used three
alternates

exiftool -AllDates+='1:0:0 0:0:0 *.jpg in the directory containing
the pictures

also -DateTimeOriginal+=

also -ModifyDate+=

In each case it rewrites the picture with the current date and time
stamp. All I want changed is 2010 to 2011. The rest month, day
hour, minutes, I want to stay original. Am I doing something wrong?
I am using OpenSuSE 10.3 and the version of exiftool from the
distribution.