Re: Changing a File's Date Stamp

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:23:23 UTC, "PaulRS" <prschmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The digital camera had the YEAR set to 2010 and so all our picture
files from this year are stamped with the proper Month, Day, and Time
BUT wrong year.

Is there a utility (or way) to change the File Year on the JPG's taken
this year?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

OK, I am still having trouble. I read the man page and I used three
alternates

exiftool -AllDates+='1:0:0 0:0:0 *.jpg in the directory containing
the pictures

also -DateTimeOriginal+=

also -ModifyDate+=

In each case it rewrites the picture with the current date and time
stamp. All I want changed is 2010 to 2011. The rest month, day
hour, minutes, I want to stay original. Am I doing something wrong?
I am using OpenSuSE 10.3 and the version of exiftool from the
distribution.

  • Re: How to get the Vista Search to find something?
    ... searching all hard drives for *.jpg files did not found any pictures from Users/username/Pictures folder. ... The search itself has limited functionality: it is not possible to search files created from date to date, I can not find any options how to set search pane to be always with advanced search options, etc. ... On the same tool bar you will click the down arrow to give you advanced options where you will make use of the proper syntax that you studied in the snake book. ...
  • Re: THE 5D FINDS A FAN!
    ... Oh God Bret, your pictures make me so ready, oh, oh, oh, AAAHHH Bret! ... think that is the proper way to talk to someone but then I don't know ... not claim you were anything but, what to me seemed, a misbegotten sod. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Changing a Files Date Stamp
    ... files from this year are stamped with the proper Month, Day, and Time ... the pictures ... I am using OpenSuSE 10.3 and the version of exiftool from the ... exiftool changes the *internal timestamp* or TAG: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Emoticons, lol, and why Americans dont do irony
    ... Heartwarming to see a proper use of "gnomic". ... Wasn't that one of the Pictures at an Exhibition that Mussorgsky limned? ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Software Recommendation for Consolidating Hard Drives
    ... there could be many pictures with a file name such as ... create a proper repository of my files and pictures, ... Construct a rigid naming format that makes it easy to do keyword searches. ... Probably can turn off compression if ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)