Re: USB Sound 11.4x64

On 09/03/2011 09:52 AM, Paul Thompson wrote:
I plug in my USB speakers, YaST finds them and plays a test sound. They
are set to be the primary. In Kmix I can select them as the playback
device, but applications, e.g. Vlc, do not use them. Thanks, Paul
OK, following some Googling I used Yast-sound to disable pulse audio
(whatever that is), and then KDE's phonon.

  • Re: Crackpot vacation?
    ... physics that seems to have embarrassed even himself. ... now Paul, what you just said is CLEARY a relativistic ... from physics to evolution (know any good applications of evolution ... Don't complain to the RECIPIENT ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Visual Basic 2005
    ... Sorry Paul but I have pick you up there when you say "...have chosen to...". ... I'm certainly not suggesting that you completely drop your Classic VB development investment. ... haven't as I still need to support or ultimately migrate existing applications. ... be a benefit in the long run because we're more productive in the .NET environment. ...
  • [ANNOUNCE] PyGTK 2.15.1 - unstable
    ... A new unstable development release of the Python bindings ... GTK+ is a toolkit for developing graphical applications that run on ... it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications. ... autocreate from Git history (Paul) ...
    (comp.lang.python.announce)
  • Re: Networking with XP pro
    ... When you post output from ipconfig and pslist, copied from Notepad, please ... turn off Word Wrap before selecting and copying the text. ... Applications: ... BTW, Paul, please don't contribute to the spread and success of email address ...
  • Re: vista on old laptop to w7 on new laptop
    ... Run WET on the old computer, saving its output onto a flash drive or other mobile media. ... This won't bring forward everything from the old system - and it will not re-install the applications, but it will ease the transition significantly for many users. ... applications from her old vista laptop to her new w7 laptop? ... TIA, Paul ...