Re: Replacing Thunderbird

On 11/02/2011 04:08 AM, John Bowling wrote:
For normal use, Thunderbird works well.

There are occasions when it screws up royally, and one just hit me.

I added a new email and misspelled the server name. That name got into
the list of outgoing servers. I then removed the email account - it is
gone, but the server name appears at the top of the list whenever I send
an email, even though it does NOT appear in the defined list of outgoing
server names.

No where on Mozilla do they recognize this as a problem. Has anyone
there even tried removing an outgoing server?

Edit - Account Settings
In the left pane select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'.
Highlight the SMTP server to be removed.
Click 'Remove'. Note, the default server cannot be removed, so you'd
need to make another one the default first.

--
Christian

.