Re: Replacing Thunderbird

On 11/02/2011 04:08 AM, John Bowling wrote:
For normal use, Thunderbird works well.

There are occasions when it screws up royally, and one just hit me.

I added a new email and misspelled the server name. That name got into
the list of outgoing servers. I then removed the email account - it is
gone, but the server name appears at the top of the list whenever I send
an email, even though it does NOT appear in the defined list of outgoing
server names.

No where on Mozilla do they recognize this as a problem. Has anyone
there even tried removing an outgoing server?

Edit - Account Settings
In the left pane select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'.
Highlight the SMTP server to be removed.
Click 'Remove'. Note, the default server cannot be removed, so you'd
need to make another one the default first.

--
Christian

  • Re: Outlook will not send messages in "outbox"
    ... You might try checking the "login to incoming server before sending" box on ... I went into "more settings" and the "Outgoing Server" tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: How Do I Correct a 550 relay error in Outlook 2007
    ... Outgoing Server, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires ... little data I could find on Outlook 2007. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Outgoing Mail Server Selection
    ... Whatever account you're sending from, it must be configured to use the SMTP ... server of the ISP you're connected to at the time.../and/ that SMTP server ... > -The Outgoing Server corresponds to the server name for the ISP that I'm ...
  • Re: I connot get MSO to move my email from my out box to my sent b
    ... > what it means to properly authenticate the outgoing server. ... My Outlook Express works just fine with seemingly ... click Change, then More Settings. ... Click the Outgoing Server tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: unable to setup Outlook 2002 new email account
    ... I am not using sbcglobal.net email account. ... > Are you using newuser@sbcglobal.net as the username for the incoming ... > the incoming server? ... > outgoing server on the Outgoing Server tab of the accounts properties ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)