Re: OpenSuse 11.4 and Canon printer LBP5050 intallation

Bengt T wrote:

On 24 Nov, 10:17, Darklight <nglenng...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bengt T wrote:
During attempt to install the provided
"Linux_CAPT_PrinterDriver_V230_uk_EN", 64 bit driver from Canon, using
"rpm -ivh...", i get the message that that "libpopt.so.0" dependence
is unsolved.

Has anyone succeeded in installing the printer and know how to proceed?

owe forgot to say i have a canon pixma ip1800

the drivers i had use to work until 11.4 now i use turbo print. Yes i
had to pay for it but it was well worth it. You can use it free as a test
to see if it works before you pay for it.

Thanks for your response.

In my PC libpopt.so.o exists in /lib64/. I added symbolic links in /
lib/, /usr/lib/ and /usr/lib64/, all directing to /lib64/, but the
problem remains.

I have not yet considered to test turboprint. Does it support LAN
connected printers as well?

as it is free to test try it and see

  • Re: OpenSuse 11.4 and Canon printer LBP5050 intallation
    ... Has anyone succeeded in installing the printer and know how to proceed? ... owe forgot to say i have a canon pixma ip1800 ... had to pay for it but it was well worth it. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Schneider National Questions
    ... employees do not give their drivers respect, ... Roads would be safer if DOT inspected all truck yards for ... come back and say those miles are really "zip code miles", ... do usually don't pay you somewhere else. ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: What do truckers actually earn?
    ... OK, as I wrote earlier, most rookie truck drivers can expect take ... home pay of about $500 a week working 80 hours or more. ... someone working minimum wage 80 hours or more can expect ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: Heartland Express
    ... That's pretty much what I heard from other Heartland drivers I talked ... High mileage pay but LOTS of sitting around. ... detention pay is a prime indication that making drivers sit is company ... I haven't run into too many Heartland drivers, ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: Our IRS
    ... Becuase they were hounding me to pay taxes that ... they said I owed that I knew I did not owe, I called the Tax Payer ... I do not owe them what I thought I owed them, and now they are going to ... to return a portion of what I did pay them. ...
    (soc.retirement)