Re: 12.1 initial install rehearsal scene-1, take-1

In <ja7f8n$a83$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 11/18/2011
at 10:36 PM, John Bowling <johnlb2002@xxxxxxx> said:

The proposed partition setups for all (since 10.x anyway) have all
been very ignorant of any real useful setups.

It used to be that there were three options for partitions.

1. Expert - you specify everything.

2. Suggest partitioning - you change what you don't like.

3. Crapshoot - no documentation on what the installer will do,
but easy if it doesn't hose anything.

I've always assumed that the expert option would be easiest, and never
had the neerve to try the "easy" option.

Has that changed in 12.1?

reply to spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Defining user access rights of disks
    ... partitions on the system. ... E: for personal files & F: for sharing files between ... edit your options it will update fstab to match. ... Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Help me to remove illegal copy of Linux, Please
    ... Either delete the partitions that you used for dead rat or tell SuSE ... possible into logical drives in an extended logical partition. ... Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Sharing JFS between SUSE Linux and eCS (OS/2)
    ... >more entries to that to share more HPFS partitions. ... I've had real problems getting Yast to add FAT and HPFS logical drives ... Unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: "Torn between two OS" - Solaris vs Linux
    ... >>partitions because of its brain dead partitioning scheme. ... Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: "Torn between two OS" - Solaris vs Linux
    ... >>partitions because of its brain dead partitioning scheme. ... Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)