Re: Recommend a good avi "joiner"?
- From: Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:47:57 GMT
On 2012-04-25, Juha Nieminen <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As for making a raw concatenation of two .avi files, the fact that it
seems to work is probably just a fluke. I'm assuming that the video
format that the .avi files are containing (after all, .avi is not a
video format itself, it's a container format for multimedia data) is
streamable, and mplayer/mencoder is, perhaps, skipping the header data
of the second .avi as garbage that doesn't belong to the stream.
The trick will probably not work properly for non-streamable video
In my suggestion I wrote:
"If it's one file cut into pieces you can simply use cat"
I interpreted the OP's question that way.
YMMV but my experience is there that
if the media files are separate individual files you never know what the
outcome will be, if anything, when you (try to) cat them together.
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) 184.108.40.206-0.11-default main host
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) 3.3.2-20-desktop Tumbleweed in VirtualBox
openSUSE 12.1 (i586) 3.1.9-1.4-desktop in EeePC 900
- Prev by Date: Re: Recommend a good avi "joiner"?
- Next by Date: From the crest of Olivet...
- Previous by thread: Re: Recommend a good avi "joiner"?
- Next by thread: From the crest of Olivet...