Trying to keep portions of two 12.1 systems synced.
- From: John Bowling <johnlb2002@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:39:49 -0700
I have data in a partition on my main desktop that needs to be synced
with data on a laptop. I would normally NFS with fixed IPs on both
systems. I have a third raid system I use for backup connected that way
with wired LAN.
The problem comes in when I have to take the laptop remote to a hotel or
other meeting area. To use a wifi or a wired connection I have to set
the laptop to dynamic to use the facilities.
Other than a DNS and node names, is there any way of re-establishing the
connection going with DHCP after I have returned home and want the
modified data reflected in my desktop?
If it could allow a secure connection to my home desktop over the
Interent that could be handy. Especially for reading emails remotely
that have been deleted from the source email server but are now only on
my home system.
- Prev by Date: Re: Apper?
- Next by Date: Re: Deleting a region in emacs 23.3
- Previous by thread: Deleting a region in emacs 23.3
- Next by thread: Re: Trying to keep portions of two 12.1 systems synced.