need help or instr. on how to recompile php with xml
From: R Sullivan (rsullivan_at_nospam.accesswave.ca)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:26:13 -0300
I am some what new to the linux world and am having an issue with getting
xml support in Mandrake 9.1.
Here is what i've figured out so far:
- When I try I tried to use the rss feed functionality of the Tiki we portal
I received the following error:"Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
xml_parser_create() in /testserver/tiki/lib/rss/rsslib.php on line 99"
- I ran phpInfo and noticed that there was no --with-xml option included in
the php configuration options
- I then noticed I had not installed the php-xml module
- I then install all xml php modules
- restarted apache
- ran phpinfo and noticed the option was still not there "--with-xml", thus
I relized that php was still aware on the xml module.
- I did a lot of research on google and found lots of people with the same
problem as me. Most of the resultions to their problems were to recompile
the php module with xml support.
Now for m questions :P
- How do I recompile this module?
- Is there a simple solution?
- What steps would I have to go through to recompile it?
: What do I download?
: The php source RPM?
: where do I get it?
: what commands do I run?
: Am I overwriting the existing compiled module?
Sorry for the mass of questions, I have tried to figure most of this on my
own , but being new to linux I have hit this stumbling block and am a little
nervous to tinker with my system (the last time I tried to build something I
screwed up my kernal and couldn't boot and had to reinitall :P).
Any help is greatly appriciated.