Re: Format a text file?
Date: 08/10/03

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:57:17 GMT <> wrote:
> There's much more. And I'm not even going to get into Emacs' other
> features like mail, newsreader, FTP, database, calendar and scheduler,
> calculator and even games. There's also considerable support for
> LaTeX, which prints out things on paper better than any word
> processor. It's also a separate topic.

> There are people that use Emacs for everything they do on a
> computer. Everything. Emacs is nearly a world unto itself.

Don't forget the lisp interpreter if one wants to do a little
programming without ever leaving emacs.

I've never really learned much lisp though, just enough to modify my
.emacs file, I use perl whenever practical.

Jim Buchanan
"Sure, from a motivational point of view, arbitrary restrictions are
 challenging to work with, but when's the last time you saw a gleeful
 COBOL programmer?" -Larry Wall