Re: Format a text file?

jbuchana_at_buchanan1.net
Date: 08/10/03

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:57:17 GMT

roodwriter@core.com <roodwriter@core.com> wrote:
> There's much more. And I'm not even going to get into Emacs' other
> features like mail, newsreader, FTP, database, calendar and scheduler,
> calculator and even games. There's also considerable support for
> LaTeX, which prints out things on paper better than any word
> processor. It's also a separate topic.

> There are people that use Emacs for everything they do on a
> computer. Everything. Emacs is nearly a world unto itself.

Don't forget the lisp interpreter if one wants to do a little
programming without ever leaving emacs.

I've never really learned much lisp though, just enough to modify my
.emacs file, I use perl whenever practical.

--
Jim Buchanan           jbuchana@buchanan1.net         jbuchana@yahoo.com
=================== http://www.buchanan1.net/ ==========================

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Free disk space
    ... built on top of a LISP interpreter. ... very large program with more features then you'll ever need (something ... the proponents of vi -- Emacs' rival in text editing cite as a reason ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Fings we was lernt rong in skool (Was Basrawis n all that cop)
    ... M-# in any convenient Emacs window to bring up the Emacs Calculator, ... As the Perl people say, ... computational power available to a three-year-old today is vaster even ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: emacs, vi and rpn hypothesis
    ... I prefer vi to emacs and also prefer rpn calculators to algebraic ... Upon reflection, my preferenes seem to appeal to ... Would there be a correlation between editor choice and calculator choice? ...
    (comp.emacs)
  • move cursor to specific buffer
    ... i just discovered the emacs 'calculator' command (i know... ... it opens where id like it to. ... my-calc i switch to that buffer, THEN call calculator, thatd be what i ...
    (comp.emacs)
  • Re: Ruby Editor
    ... vi clone with a ruby extension, or Emacs with these standard ruby ... irb instead of emacs as my calculator. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)