Re: install gvim on RH8, rpm or compile?

From: Toni Van Remortel (t.vanremortel_at_ha.be.invalid)
Date: 08/13/03

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:46:46 GMT

Op Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:55:22 +1000, schreef Xiang Yu :

> Hi
>
> I tried to run "vim -g" on my RH8 installation but it says the graphical
> mode wasn't turned on when it's compiled. so I guess I either have to
> download the gvim rpm file or download the source code and then compile
> it, which way would be easier and more likly to work?

Install the vim-X11 rpm from the standard RH8 distribution-CD's.

--
Groeten, Toni Van Remortel
You know you're brilliant, but maybe you'd like to understand what you did 2

Relevant Pages

  • Re: emacs on windows, compiling
    ... I use emacs lisp. ... Loading a file will do for now but I would like to know how to compile it? ... I guess I have to download MinGW or something? ... Can I compile this source code to run it from command prompt? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Surrogate factoring, update on research
    ... The jar contains the source code. ... download the jar, pull out the source code, look it over to see there's ... nothing nasty in it, and compile and run. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Surrogate factoring, update on research
    ... The jar contains the source code. ... download the jar, pull out the source code, look it over to see there's ... nothing nasty in it, and compile and run. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: What exactly does "Maximum Distance Exceded" mean?
    ... If you're not willing to get the source code for NTP and compile it, ... you can download a binary from http://www.sunfreeware.com/. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Build Service
    ... just download the source code and compile? ... source code of a program and then I compile it, ... Linux, every single person needs a SO adapted to his personality and Linux ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)