cannot get a pid file in the /var/run directory, how do you do it?

From: Flip (!no_spam!phenry_w_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/06/03

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 02:08:06 GMT

I'm trying to copy some of the existing /etc/init.d scripts and they have a
# pidfile: /var/run/somename.pid and that's it. I put that in my script and
I'm not getting any pid file. Any advice? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • getopts inside Bourne function not working as I expect
    ... scripts to sh so they'll be more portable. ... CMD is rm -rf / ... PIDFILE is /var/run/name.pid ... NAME is mary had a little lamb ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: SUID permission on Bash script
    ... There are security reasons why shell scripts are not ... So are scripts actually incapable of running setuid? ... setuid or setgid permissions. ... echo $$> $pidfile ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: HOME vs ~
    ... Wayne writes: ... So as usual Stephane's advice is ... probably best and in scripts meant to be portable, avoid using ~. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Yahoo - Move Scripts to the Bottom
    ... think it's good advice to follow. ... This copy-and-paste approach can ... However, regarding putting the scripts at the bottom, the Reference ... Errors can be prevented from using "unobtrusive javascript;" attaching ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • How to Become a TV Writer
    ... what advice could any give on becoming a writer for TV. ... already written some scripts for university reviews etc. ... Her parents obviously want to see her in a steady job first and this is ... How have others made it in to TV writing. ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)