Notebooks; HP Pavilion's vs Compaq Presario's

From: Seth (notavail_at_domain.net)
Date: 10/10/03

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:06:54 GMT

Hey all, im getting ready to buy a laptop soon and i have decided on
either the HP or Compaq machines (because of the price, and AMD
processors).

I was wondering if anybody had any information as to which one is better
for linux, or for overall performance in general.

The Hp's seem to be higher priced, but im not sure why because the stuff
that comes with them are relatively the same.

Im looking at the AMD XP-M versions as well...

Also, if anybody knows why i shouldnt buy one of these, feel free to tell.

Thanks,

Seth

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Time for a new PC, which motherboard?
    ... AMD has been kicking Intel's ASS, ... higher than Intel chips, last I checked. ... In your price range, you are looking at an AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+, ... so you'll need Windows XP 64-bit edition, or you could download the Beta ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: AMD, or Intel?
    ... And for a Phenom II 940 black.. ... I'm pro - AMD and I think the Phenom II's are nice but what ... At the price differential we see Paul Salvador's 2x-3x speed increase ... And I will say that either AMD dropped the ball or Intel just decided ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: OT- Buying new computer, which way to go?
    ... many failures in AMD machines. ... Rich was defining configuration as "You're a dumb ass and set the PC ... you can build or that the Dell I quoted is cheaper than the G4. ... good computer" at a lower price than Dell. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Want to build new system.
    ... AMD cut prices, in line with their performance with respect to ... Canadian suppliers kept the price high. ... On the Intel side, there is plenty of Intel's older stuff, that ... This chart can show you the relative performance of a lot of ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)