Re: Help - can't get back into XP after installing Linux

From: \ (Stan_at_NeverFalls.com)
Date: 10/27/03

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:46:57 -0600

No, there is no equivilent to the "sys" command on the XP repair console
option.
+- +- +- +-
"Ohmster" <bigbigkitty@ohmster.com> wrote in message
> "\"MIDIcian\" \(tm\)" <Stan@NeverFalls.com> wrote in
>
> > I have no
> > idea how you would do the same thing for a NTFS drive installation,
>
> Boot with an XP CD and use the repair console option. There are "DOS like"
> commands in the repair console that you can use with NTFS. I know, I
f*cked
> up my NTFS system one time and could not even reinstall Windows untill I
got
> in the repair console and used the chkdsk command to fix the file system.
> was able to reinstall XP over itself though with no data loss after that
> though. There are "sys like" commands in the repair console, I am just too
> lazy to boot with the CD to find out what they are, anyway, "help" at the
> console gives you the stuff you need.
>
> You *do* need to remember your administrator password to get into the
repair
> console. If you forget that, you really are screwed unless you just so
happen
> to have a copy of erd commander laying around.
>
> Anyway, this is a linux newsgroup, moving right along...
>
> --
> ~Ohmster

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Uninstalling 2003 SP1
    ... > Anyone have a procedure to remove Windows server 2003 sp1 from command ... > line or repair console? ...
  • Re: What is best way to fix MBR in XP?
    ... command from command line. ... Windows MBR. ... here go to www.bootdisk.com download the win98 custom boot disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: hp laptop wont boot, file missing
    ... In the repair console there is no run command. ... How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues ... safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Repair Problem
    ... Battery is good.Clock at correct time.Typed the following command after ... Without the quotes, reply comes back, "Parameter is not valid. ... Tried to get into repair console with Windows Xp CD as first boot with no ...
  • Re: Help - cant get back into XP after installing Linux
    ... Boot with an XP CD and use the repair console option. ... commands in the repair console that you can use with NTFS. ... There are "sys like" commands in the repair console, ...
    (alt.os.linux)