Re: freesco good at protection ?

From: Skybuck Flying (nospam_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/02/03

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:10:16 +0100

"Dazz" <cashdj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:po7psvoa39ha07olcji3at9cd7o1orrl3s@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:16:19 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
> <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Since the atlantic cable broke and my zone alarm pro firewall went
down...
> >and also increased cable modem activity I dont feel safe anymore behind
my
> >windows xp + zone alarm pro firewall. Especially since real hackers by
pass
> >such firewalls with shim's etc.
> >
> >So I am looking for a stronger protection against bad people ;)
> >
> >Is freesco a good choice to put between my windows xp pc and my cable
modem
> >?
> >
> >Is it any good at protection... or is there something else which is
stronger
> >?
> >
> >I still want to connect to the net ofcourse... ;)
> >
> >Even disconnecting might not be safe from viruses lol.
> >
> >Anyway I have an extra pentium 166 mhz with 32 mb ram which should be
quite
> >enough for freesco...
>
> I used to use Freesco a few years back, and I never had any problems
> with it.
>
> Just make sure you're using the latest version - Version 0.3.2.
>
> Simple to use and even simpler to setup.

Did you need any special network drivers to make it work ?

Skybuck.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: freesco good at protection ?
    ... >>Since the atlantic cable broke and my zone alarm pro firewall went ... >>and also increased cable modem activity I dont feel safe anymore behind ... >>Is freesco a good choice to put between my windows xp pc and my cable ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: freesco good at protection ?
    ... >>Since the atlantic cable broke and my zone alarm pro firewall went ... >>and also increased cable modem activity I dont feel safe anymore behind ... >>Is freesco a good choice to put between my windows xp pc and my cable ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: freesco good at protection ?
    ... > and also increased cable modem activity I dont feel safe anymore behind my ... > windows xp + zone alarm pro firewall. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: freesco good at protection ?
    ... >and also increased cable modem activity I dont feel safe anymore behind my ... >windows xp + zone alarm pro firewall. ... >Is freesco a good choice to put between my windows xp pc and my cable modem ...
    (alt.os.linux)