Odd BASH behavior...

From: Hawk (jedi001_at_netscape.net)
Date: 12/03/03

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:02:56 -0600

Hello all,

I have a Redhat 9 install (text only) that I have been running for some time
now. The other day out of the blue '/usr/sbin' disappeared from my PATH so
many common utils would no longer launch without the full path included.
This machine has been up for weeks and I have not made any config changes to
anything in that period of time (other than automated rpm updates). My BASH
config looked fine as I still see where '/usr/sbin' is supposed to be added
to the PATH.

Here's where the oddity kicks in ... I re-exported my path to add
'/usr/sbin' back but programs in that dir still will not launch properly.
Here is what my PATH is shown as:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/jmf/bin:/usr/sbin"

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

I guess there's one thing I haven't tried yet...a reboot (but I wouldn't
think that this would be necessary).

Thanks,

(*>