Re: SCO to go after Google?

From: Keith Clark (clarkphotography_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/03

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:25:56 -0800

Bill Unruh wrote:

> chris@nospam.com writes:
>
> ]On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:31:57 GMT, Robert Newson
> ]<ReapNewsT@uk.co.fsnet.bullet3> wrote:
>
> ]>Steve Schreiber wrote:
> ]>
> ]>> AlanS wrote:
> ]>>
> ]>>> http://www.codefish.net.au/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=488
> ]>>>
> ]>>> Just when you thought that SCO couldn't get any more obnoxious.
> ]>>>
> ]>>> AlanS
> ]>>>
> ]>> I find that pretty interesting considering Microsoft is getting ramped
> ]>> up to launch their own search engine. Smelling more and more like a
> ]>> valid conspiracy theory to me.
> ]>I find it interesting that google fails to sell out to M$ and then this SCO suit pops up.
>
> ]Revenge is just as plausible. Google groups was recently used to dig
> ]up evidence that SCO knowingly contributed to Linux code (which
> ]conflicts with their response to IBM).
>
> ]http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20031130210334574
>
> ]I figured SCO would start picking on little guys who couldn't afford
> ]to fight their lawyers. Once a few little guys rollover or lose, SCO
> ]can start claiming precedent and get the fear factor up.
>
> I think Google can probably hire more lawyers then SCO can.

I would hope so since they're owned by Nestle now. ;->

--Keith

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SCO to go after Google?
    ... Google groups was recently used to dig ... >]I figured SCO would start picking on little guys who couldn't afford ... Once a few little guys rollover or lose, SCO ... > I think Google can probably hire more lawyers then SCO can. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: SCO to go after Google?
    ... Google groups was recently used to dig ... >]I figured SCO would start picking on little guys who couldn't afford ... Once a few little guys rollover or lose, SCO ... > I think Google can probably hire more lawyers then SCO can. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: SCO to go after Google?
    ... Google groups was recently used to dig ... >]I figured SCO would start picking on little guys who couldn't afford ... Once a few little guys rollover or lose, SCO ... > I think Google can probably hire more lawyers then SCO can. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: How much code is disputed by SCO?
    ... I have 3 lawyers in my family and they are all in pretty powerful ... SCO bribed somebody to place SCO IP into Linux just ... to shut down AIX - that has nothing to do with SCO IP being in Linux. ... Germany was one of SCO's largest markets. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: SCO down for the count...
    ... He is the general counsel for the Free Software ... Just what has SCO or their lawyers every done for free? ... If this goes to jury, it is a very good bet ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)