I've got Suse Linux 9.0 on my system and just purchased the 7 disk set O.S. of Debian Linux. What can I expect as far as installation, features, and in general is this the OS I should run. There are so many Linux packages available out there and Debian is the 'official' standard I assume. Any comments, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated on this OS. Debian Linux

From: Richard Carlson (carlson.k_at_worldnet.att.net)
Date: 12/04/03

Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 02:54:49 GMT

I've got Suse Linux 9.0 on my system and just purchased the 7 disk set
O.S. of Debian Linux. What can I expect as far as installation,
features, and in general is this the OS I should run. There are so many
Linux packages available out there and Debian is the 'official' standard
I assume. Any comments, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated on this
OS.Is this asking for major headaches?

Rich

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Debian Proxy Server
    ... Our K-8 elementary/middle school is considering the use of a Debian Linux ... machine as a cache proxy server and web filter. ... A Debian Linux Proxy Server" and remember using Unix in the early 1980's. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian Proxy Server
    ... Our K-8 elementary/middle school is considering the use of a Debian Linux ... machine as a cache proxy server and web filter. ... A Debian Linux Proxy Server" and remember using Unix in the early 1980's. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Asking about installation Debian Linux
    ... I succeded download the DVD version of DVD intel x86 for ... Debian Linux and when I wanted to install Linux during the process of ... DVDRW for continuing installation the Linux. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • ressurecting a failed attempt to upgrade to sarge, w/out tossing /home
    ... Debian Linux box that I didn't originally setup. ... Someone suggested that maybe LILO got screwed up or mis-installed. ... interface to the partition tool, including a couple of odd little icons: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Need help - Unable to find/install drivers for Sony Laptop
    ... I am new to debian linux. ... will be great if someone helps me out in configuring ... Ehthernet card - Intel PRO/100 VE Network ...
    (Debian-User)