Re: eBay says NO TO LINUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: pc (running-crazy_at_the.zoo)
Date: 02/12/04

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:26:52 GMT

thumb_42@yahoo.com wrote:
: In alt.os.linux Peter Colon Man <peter_colonman@linuxmail.org> wrote:
<snip>
:
: It'd be a big win for microsoft and their users:
:
: .) They could design their protocol to display ads^H^H^Hinformation
: featuring the latest and greatest software with options to
: purchase.
:
: .) The blue butterfly could intercept information that might be
: offensive before it even gets to the users computer.
:
: .) You could just "subscribe" to Microsoft and have everything updated
: automatically, you'd never need to use any of that "icky software"
: produced by other vendors.
:
: .) There would be absolutely no "viruses" because the Windows would
: not permit installation of software that did not have the
: Microsoft seal of approval. (this approval would, of course, be
: microsofts own version of a PGP key of some kind, you know, to
: keep out the hackers.)
:
: .) Since it's Microsofts own network, you wouldn't have to use DNS or
: any of those awful open-standards based solutions.
:
: .) Anyone with a license key would be in MS-Heaven?
:
: Think about it.
:
: Jamie

IDIOT! what do you think palladium (Longhorn) is! The day Bill gates
dictates what I see and download online is the day I throw out my Windows
box!

--
-----
Registered Linux user #334297

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] why commcerical software *could* be better
    ... > Can you explain what responsibility does m$ take for its crap? ... This post was *not* about Microsoft. ... PGP key for ge@linuxbox.org - ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: drts Treffen 2006
    ... Paddeln sollte man dich dafuer. ... PGP Key ID: 0xC52549E5 ... "Wenn mir Microsoft einen Porsche schenkt, ...
    (de.rec.tv.simpsons)
  • Re: Verifying Microsofts Digital Signature
    ... > Is this a PGP key or a digital certificate that you obtained. ... > security related messages. ... I downloaded the PGP key from Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: eBay says NO TO LINUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... > that are Linux users. ... What is ebay going to do when Microsoft opens it's auction site and directs ... such a way that only windows users could use it, ... (this approval would, of course, be microsofts own version of a PGP key ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: writing letters via PC
    ... OpenOffice is a freeware Office suite that does much of ... > what Microsoft does. ... I think you'll find that for the normal user there is absolutely no ... Registered Linux User no 240308 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)