NFS: export a disk space from a local network to an outside box?

From: Peter Browry (pbrowry_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:24:52 -0500

Hi there,

I have the following problem:

I have a local network with several inner boxes and a server which is the only
machine connected to the internet. Currently I export a disk space from an inner
box to the server (the export file contains (rw,sync,no_root_squash)).

I want to also export this disk space to another box which is at the internet
but it is not part of the local network.

Is this possible and how?

(I tried to export the disk space from the server to the outside box, but nfs
refuses to do this.)

Thank you in advance!

-PB

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NFS on 11.0
    ... - the first attempt was with an 11.0 NFS client. ... The top level directory on the server is setup for 777 ... the local network that will be used/viewed on the internet. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: DNS problem
    ... I have DNS-server inside a local network. ... In mine DNS-server are registered my local a server. ... I DNS-server also can resolve addresses of servers in INTERNET. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Generic host svchost asks for internet access?
    ... other computers on your local network that sounds like a good strategy. ... I guess you are correct since time synch would have been initiated by my ... I have my Zone Alarm's setting for svchost to allow as server for Trusted ... zones and to block for Server Internet. ...
  • Re: Remoting over Internet with server behind gateway
    ... i have our server located on local network, but i need to be albe to ... I am able to connect it from Internet when i set port forwarding on ... Problem is that with this settings, i am unable to connect to server from ... tried to add second channel to <channels> section, ...
  • Remoting over Internet with server behind gateway
    ... i have our server located on local network, but i need to be albe to connect ... I am able to connect it from Internet when i set port forwarding on gateway ... Problem is that with this settings, i am unable to connect to server from ... tried to add second channel to <channels> section, but it seems .NET is not ...