Re: Can you convert a 3 CD distro iso's into 1 DVD iso ???

From: x86processor (shaks_at_linuxmail-dot-org.no-spam.invalid)
Date: 03/28/04

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:21:48 -0600

Your approach is good.

In xcdroast you can make an iso image from a set of directories/files
and save it in the hard disk as one image. You can then write it to a
DVD. So, you should make a single iso image from the 3 CDs and burn
it to the DVD.

There are other DVD writing software like k3b. Check it out:

http://www.k3b.org

x86

SuSE Linux 9.0-Intel Pentium M 1.40GHz-512 MB-40
GB-14"-1024x768-4.5-4.9 lbs-CD-RW/DVD-ROM-Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit
Ethernet-Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection 802.11b

The post originated from Linux Forum:
http://www.linuxforum.com
http://www.linuxforum.com/forums

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Redhat 8.0 on DVD
    ... create directory for contents of your DVD ... anaconda etc...seems thats not my problem, prob is the install files finding ... For> 8.0, though, it seems that you have to buy RedHat 8.0 Professional to> get the DVD, and RedHat is not presently offering an ISO image of the> DVD for download. ... I've done this,> written it to a DVD+RW disc, had it pass its Media check, and> successfully installed from it. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Problem with Debian 7.5 i386 lxde LIVE ISO and Brasero
    ... With the "Burning Disc" dialogue box, it states that it has written ... when I retry with a DVD to which it would not write the ... written ISO images including for the Debian 7.5 amd64 lxde, ... failed DVD writes, is the ISO image. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Redhat 8.0 on DVD
    ... Red Hat has finally created a DVD version of their distribution for US ... and RedHat is not presently offering an ISO image of the ... .discinfo that contains information including which discs' contents are ... installation software will accept a comma-separated list of numbers. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • jigdo + approx + netinstall -- need for a coherent system
    ... more Debian releases, in the form of ISO images for CD or DVD. ... each download; ... is able to glean from local CDs, DVDs, or loop-mounted CD or DVD ... the need to burn even a single ISO image to CD or DVD. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cdrecord and large files.
    ... read the iso image - it gives a 'permission denied' error - even as root. ... which does not support writing to DVDs. ... 1995-2008 J?rg Schilling ... NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)