Re: Linux easier to use? Yea sure. Installing ATI drivers Windows vs Linux.

From: Donovan Rebbechi (abuse_at_aol.com)
Date: 03/31/04

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:11:50 +0000 (UTC)

In article <d5d0727e.0403310930.14166aee@posting.google.com>, cola_moderator wrote:
> ...you know that, i know that, and 97% of the world's computer users
> know that ... leenlouchs users, although they too know that, they
> actually use that crap as job security, as most of them are nothing
> but a bunch of lazy sunofthe bitches ... linux hippies love cryptic
> shit, they are stock in the 1960s and 1970s and so they prefer to use
> that black-and-white text mode command line crap ... fortunately,
> linux hippies are not in charge anywhere, they are just simple workes,
> "little people" employed by the smart ones (a.k.a. winndows users).

That's funny, I distinctly recall helping the department chair with his linux
machine on several occasions. PHB types usually don't use Linux, I'll grant you
that. But that's not the same thing as asserting that the people "in charge"
don't use Linux. Many bosses are not terribly intelligent as *computer users*.
That's often not part of the skillset required for their job, so there's no
reason to except it. Hence they tend to use whatever the rest of the market
uses. On the other hand, the same bosses are smart *managers*. They know a good
value proposition when they see one, they are smart enough to use strategic
deployments of Linux where appropriate. If one were to write a list ordered by
suitability of where Linux could be deployed within a company, the desktops of
administrative personnel (including the PHB) would come dead last on the list.
In other words, the fact that the PHBs aren't all Linux desktop users means
very little.

Cheers,

--
Donovan Rebbechi