Re: (?)useful document -- please copy, distribute

From: moma (moma_at_example.net)
Date: 04/04/04

Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 16:13:15 +0200

hello,

I just read the 1.st part your document.
Yes, the text will be very usefull. Thanks a lot!

Info about boot parameters such as lang= and screen= are important.
Good stuff.

One thing though. (I had to find something to point out -;)

Ref.
> MS-Windows Data
> Even though you run Linux (Knoppix), you can access your data files on
> your MS-Windows hard drive or off a floppy or CDROM drive. Microsoft
> Windows refers to computer drives as “C:” (hard drive), “A:”
> (floppy), perhaps “D:” or “E:” for CD-ROM drives.
>
> Linux does not name drives with letters; instead, your MS-Windows drives
> will be accessed as /mnt/floppy, /mnt/cdrom, /mnt/winxp, or perhaps
> /mnt/hda1 or /mnt/hdb4, etc. (hda refers to your primary hard drive”,

The "MS-Windows Data" section is pretty technical. If your audience is
skilled windows' users then the text is just fine. For them it"s
relevant to learn about drives and /mnt/xxx at the first Linux encounter.

But some end-users may perceive, understand the words like 'document'
and 'folder' better than 'drives'.

So one could write>

..."You will find your existing windows folders and documents in
/mnt/winxp or /mnt/hda directories."

----
Cheers & Thanks!
// moma