inactive eth0 need help activating

From: Ama Eze (amaechi_at_packagetaxi.com)
Date: 04/26/04

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:19:20 GMT

Red hat 9.0
I had my linux box connected to the internet via a router that was connected
to the dsl modem.
it worked for a couple of days. Now I have no internet connection through
the linux box.

when I ifconfig in the terminal eth0 was present with no associated ip
address. lo 27.0.0.1 Mask 255.0.0.0

In the Network Configuration window

eth0 an Ethernet connection is inactive. This used to be active when the
internet worked. when I try to activate it I get the this message Titled
Cannot activate network device eth0:1! "Determining IP information for
eth01...SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address SIOCSIFFLAGS: cANNOT
ASSIGN REQUESTED ADDRESS FAILED"

How can I change status of eth0 to active?

Thanks
Amaechi

Relevant Pages

  • T1 ...,
    ... t1 internet connection ... price of t1 ...
    (rec.org.sca)
  • PPTP with PoPToP via ADSL (T-Online) without ext. Router
    ... Linux-Computer with eth0 as internal net, and ppp0, which is a PPPoE ... In the moment I try to build up the connection from outside (from the ... talked about the type of internet connection. ... /usr/sbin/pptpctrl to handle client ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: gforth dos/win
    ... I use a dial-up connection, there is no internet connection ... a version of Linux on a laptop, ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: What does the "Configure email and Internet Connection Wizard"
    ... > the CEICW does (listed under "Configure Email and Internet Connection ... > Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard is designed to correctly ... > configure settings for your network, firewall, secure Web site, and e-mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: What does the "Configure email and Internet Connection Wizard"
    ... Understanding the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection WizardThe ... Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard is designed to correctly ... configure settings for your network, firewall, secure Web site, and e-mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)