inactive eth0 need help activating

From: Ama Eze (amaechi_at_packagetaxi.com)
Date: 04/26/04

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:19:20 GMT

Red hat 9.0
I had my linux box connected to the internet via a router that was connected
to the dsl modem.
it worked for a couple of days. Now I have no internet connection through
the linux box.

when I ifconfig in the terminal eth0 was present with no associated ip
address. lo 27.0.0.1 Mask 255.0.0.0

In the Network Configuration window

eth0 an Ethernet connection is inactive. This used to be active when the
internet worked. when I try to activate it I get the this message Titled
Cannot activate network device eth0:1! "Determining IP information for
eth01...SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address SIOCSIFFLAGS: cANNOT
ASSIGN REQUESTED ADDRESS FAILED"

How can I change status of eth0 to active?

Thanks
Amaechi