Re: Postings from http://www.linuxforum.com/

From: Andy Fraser (andyfraser31_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:48:56 +0100

In alt.os.linux, John Hasler uttered these immortal words:

>> What can we do? This is a public forum and I guess our posts are in the
>> public domain.
>
> They are not. By posting your article to Usenet you have given implicit
> permission for your article to be distributed throughout the Usenet
> network, but you have not granted permission for any other sort of
> distribution.

You gave me an idea so I searched Google for "" and got this:
http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

I think I should do some more research to be sure but it does look like we
can insist that Linux Forums remove our posts if we don't agree to them
being there.

Thanks for that :-)

--
Andy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SEW GIRLS UP TO THEIR USUAL TRICKS!
    ... then sue them for all they're worth for violating copyright. ... Copyright 2012 -- permission given to post on Usenet and Google Groups ... Then I suppose I should track down contact information so that I can sue ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: How do you copyright your photographs?
    ... nor does posting to the web or Usenet meet ... posted in the clear on usenet. ... explicit permission to download and *view* an image; ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Bibles was Re: pensions - was [Re: And you know what /really/ pisses me off?]
    ... But it's copyright to me automatically and he's got no permission to ... so he's broken the law by publishing it - ... Email Usenet indeed - but so what? ... There is no moral obligation on me to meet his request to stop emailing ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: SEW GIRLS UP TO THEIR USUAL TRICKS!
    ... Copyright 2012 -- permission given to post on Usenet and Google ... but if found on Twitter it has been republished ... something of mine a while back on Sew Girls, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: [OT] Silly (copyright?) claim by "Galen".
    ... [POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] ... >>explicit permission to copy, which I think is a shaky legal proposition, much ... Google over its book search project for much the same issue. ...
    (comp.security.misc)