Re: Postings from http://www.linuxforum.com/

From: Andy Fraser (andyfraser31_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:48:56 +0100

In alt.os.linux, John Hasler uttered these immortal words:

>> What can we do? This is a public forum and I guess our posts are in the
>> public domain.
>
> They are not. By posting your article to Usenet you have given implicit
> permission for your article to be distributed throughout the Usenet
> network, but you have not granted permission for any other sort of
> distribution.

You gave me an idea so I searched Google for "" and got this:
http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

I think I should do some more research to be sure but it does look like we
can insist that Linux Forums remove our posts if we don't agree to them
being there.

Thanks for that :-)

--
Andy.