Re: Linux is dead...It doesn't even have a pulse.

From: Jan Stedehouder (j.stedehouder_at_hacecenet.nl)
Date: 05/26/04

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:33:26 +0100

"Swampee" <swampee@florida.org> schreef in bericht
news:2hiih3Fdin35U1@uni-berlin.de...

> Gee if Linux is so damm good why do these sites have monikers stating
> "Powered By Windows XP" or similar plastered all over their sites?

Well, maybe it has anything to do with the fact that some are strong-armed
by uncle Bill (only Windows, or else..).
Others just like the nice pictures on the desktop, whatever..

Linux is much better than you give it credit for and it does need some
brushing up to enter the desktop of an
average user. But just looking at some userfriendly distro's like Xandros,
or the more business oriented
desktops from Red Hat/ Fedora or Sun/ Java Desktop, I wouldn't dear to say
that Linux is as dead as
seven years ago.

Jan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux
    ... pictures from my camera, made data base entries from business cards, ... I dont have the same comfort levels with Linux yet..but then..when I ... Linux in its various distributions..is starting to give Windows a real ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: [opensuse] Digital Camera support
    ... that his wife is using Windows, he might want to consider Picasa from Google. ... definitely an option for Linux. ... pictures up on a photo sharing site, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Savage color problems
    ... I think it is 16 bit because pictures look ... > better in windows than in linux. ... > depth of root window: ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...