Re: Linux is dead...It doesn't even have a pulse.

From: Jan Stedehouder (j.stedehouder_at_hacecenet.nl)
Date: 05/26/04

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:33:26 +0100

"Swampee" <swampee@florida.org> schreef in bericht
news:2hiih3Fdin35U1@uni-berlin.de...

> Gee if Linux is so damm good why do these sites have monikers stating
> "Powered By Windows XP" or similar plastered all over their sites?

Well, maybe it has anything to do with the fact that some are strong-armed
by uncle Bill (only Windows, or else..).
Others just like the nice pictures on the desktop, whatever..

Linux is much better than you give it credit for and it does need some
brushing up to enter the desktop of an
average user. But just looking at some userfriendly distro's like Xandros,
or the more business oriented
desktops from Red Hat/ Fedora or Sun/ Java Desktop, I wouldn't dear to say
that Linux is as dead as
seven years ago.

Jan