Re: Running Windows on top of Linux

From: mjt (mjtobler_at_removethis_mail.ru)
Date: 06/11/04

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:32:01 GMT

Jerry Park wrote:

> Why not do it the other way around? Right now, I'm running topologilinux
> as a service on Windows XP (I can boot to just Linux, or if I boot to
> Windows, I have Linux as a service).

... not if you want stability (and all the other "ilities"
Linux offers). if all you want is a "some *Nix utilities"
under eXPensive, just get cygwin and be done

if you really want to be using Linux and all it has to
offer, in a truly native fashion, you gotta boot it :)

<<   http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/   >>
Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those
to describe the picture.  Hardly any sets of 10K words can
be adequately described with pictures.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems with dual boot system
    ... > I then i tried rebooting and it just booted linux, ... > so i figured it was probably just an erorr with the boot ... is your windows system still there? ... bootable disk assuming that your main bootable disk is your IDE primary ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Looking for dual booting advice
    ... I'm going to dual boot WinXP and Linux from a single HD. ... should be installed BEFORE or AFTER Windows. ... It is not really a big deal if you install Linux first then MS ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: GRUB problem (double windows + linux)
    ... For years I've been able to boot my windows and ... but suddenly neither of both windows ... versions respond, Linux does start normally. ... Are the two Windows drives Master on SEPARATE IDE controllers, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Multiple questions...
    ... >in Windows Xp Home Edition. ... >boot into Linux and DOS. ... >installing 3 OS's on a single partition, or is there a simpler way... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: RH 9.0 doesnt install: blank screen! (RH 8.0 & 7.2 do though)
    ... Tried 'linux text noprobe skipddc noapic apm=off noht'. ... I wanted to try on and so I chose 7 boot options: ... linux text noprobe skipddc lowres apm=off noapic nousb ...
    (linux.redhat.install)