Re: wifi

From: Sybren Stuvel (sybrenUSE_at_YOURthirdtower.imagination.com)
Date: 06/26/04

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:25:50 +0200

Esquire enlightened us with:
> I did get dhcp to function though I still have to input the DNS
> server staticly

Make sure the user that runs the dhcpcd has write access to
/etc/resolv.conf. Also read it's manual page.

> kismet README states that is will now work with broadcom...I did
> install and run but it returns FATAL: unknown capture source type
> I used generic but tried a few others to see if any would work....

Then contact the Kismet people.

> airsnort will not install at all...
>>./autogen.sh
> when this gets to ./configure it returns
> ./configure: line 5025: syntax error near unexpected token 'PACKAGE,'
> ./configure: line 5025: 'PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PACKAGE, $pkg_modules)'

Why not install a release version? This looks like you pulled it from
CVS.

Sybren

  • Re: Question About Installing Backup Server
    ... You can install a member DC and let it run DNS. ... If you would run DHCP on the member DC, it will make SBS shut its own DHCP ... server down. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: NT 4 Migration ( PDC & BDC )
    ... Install the new server as stand-alone Domain controller with the name ... Manually install/configure DNS, DHCP and Wins. ...
  • Re: Upgrading of 2003 domain to 2008 domain, checklist, questions?
    ... Personally i always use the way of fresh install where possible. ... Exchange 2007 will work in the 2008 domain on a 2003 server. ... On the old server open DNS management console and check that you are running ... and "netshell dhcp restore" command ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: SOS-failed to install 2003 standard edition server as domain c
    ... What I would then do is to install AD and let the wizard install DNS but at this point I would not install DHCP as it is not necessary for installing AD, it is not necessary to configure a reverse lookup zone either but this might be beneficial once AD is installed and running properly. ... If DNS is still not running correctly it could be because the Domain Controller has failed to register itself with the DNS server. ...
  • Re: WINS server question with 2 subnets
    ... this is no way over rides or messes with DNS or anythig elce right? ... install WINS at both sites and with the "WINS" server in via DHCP.. ... Everythgin should keep working as it is now no? ...