Re: open a jpeg get Xpeeed

From: SINNER (me_at_privacy.net)
Date: 09/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:25:26 GMT

* Dave Uhring Wrote in alt.os.linux:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:37:16 +0000, pjmj602 wrote:
>
>> You guys will like this one
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/200409_jpeg.mspx
>
> That is *your* problem, you Windoze luser, not ours.

Not all of us are lucky enough to be able to run Linux at work you
know.

Its a buffer overrun in the picture format isnt it? Isnt it possible
that some Linux programs that view that format could also be exploited?

--
David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SCOX $4.99 and still falling
    ... >> BayStar gets control of the company and mounts a professional Legal ... > SCO has no case. ... > There is no evidence of ANY SysV copyrighted code migrating into Linux. ... How many 'lucky guesses' is that so far? ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Migration from DEC (Alpha) UNIX to Alpha Linux questions.
    ... DU>> Dave Uhring, ... the support for Alpha in Linux has lapsed since Red Hat 7.2. ... DU> Should you be unable to find a distro, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Email thread template for Fedora 7 installers feeling abused
    ... FYI, I was using Redhat Linux since V3 as I recall, maybe while ... my opinion of Linux in general was less than complementary until about 2000. ... who did the Fedora project appoint to define what Fedora's ... So you got lucky before. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Linux friendly internet service
    ... In comp.os.linux.misc Dave Uhring: ... Likely that a smaller ISP is more Linux friendly. ... living about 50 m (164 ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: What might Segovia say?
    ... I developed software using it. ... It's not stable but some people get lucky. ... We wrote Kernel level stuff just to print so you are not protected from programmers like me crashing your system. ... You can load up Linux and not step on the toes of the Kernel like that. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)