Re: DUAL BOOT QUESTION - HELP PLEASE

From: Dino Buljubasic (dino_at_noplacelikehome.com)
Date: 09/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:02:57 GMT

Hi Peter,

I have Red Hat 7.2. No there is no reason, I am completelly new to
linux, so I don't even know what I am talking about. If you can give
me some recommendations plese do so. It just happens that I have RH
7.2 at disk, taht is all.

All I know is that Mandrake has best looking GUI. Maybe I buy
Mandrake, or Fedora, or whatever, but would like somebody to give me
good advice before I go and buy something.

MY MAIN CONCERN IS EASY INSTALLATION AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BOOT ALL
3 OS's. (Win XP and Linux on drive C, Win 2003 Server on drive D)

To me Mandrake seams quite nice but I am open for any version. Would
like to take some couses and learn about linux/unix that is why I need
it.

Thanks, Dino

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:37:34 -0400, "H. S."
<g_reate_xcalibur@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Apparently, _Dino Buljubasic_, on 09/16/04 13:36,typed:
>> Thanks Peter,
>>
>> I think that explains my problems.
>>
>> I wasn't sure about it because I have 2 hard drives.
>>
>> Cant wait to finish work and go home and install my RH. :)
>>

>RH?? What version? Is there any reason for you to prefer RH over Fedora
>Core 2? (I am assuming you are not using RH to mean FC2)
>
>->HS

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux and Zonealarm
    ... > I found that I'd got the various IP references in Sygate and Linux ... has Mandrake Control Center; RH has it's own control panel... ... drives, even with FAT32 partitions, whereas I find SuSE and RH take a bit ... depending on whether it's a windows or linux drive, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: HELP - Cant start up Computer AT ALL. even with floppy or CDs
    ... >>partition and dual boot linux. ... >>mandrake, this time setting LILO to install on the partiton of mandrake ... >>lilo now both here and on the MBR?) ... >>drives in. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: HELP - Cant start up Computer AT ALL. even with floppy or CDs
    ... >>partition and dual boot linux. ... >>mandrake, this time setting LILO to install on the partiton of mandrake ... >>lilo now both here and on the MBR?) ... >>drives in. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Can a program make computer hardware out of order?
    ... >> the computer crash or make the hardware faulty? ... Mandrake is warning against the use of Mandrake Linux 9.2 with optical ... Mandrake says the drives are "physically dead". ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Wich Linux?
    ... I am using Mandrake 10 and I really like it!! ... Is there any reason for me to change to Fedora core 2? ... I have only used Linux for a couple of months now.. ...
    (alt.linux)