Tiny Linux install boot problem

From: sshh (bbee)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:52:40 -0500

I am attempting to install Tiny Linux on an old laptop with no CD
drive. I have downloaded files to floppies per the instructions here:
http://tiny.seul.org/en/ and made a boot floppy using rawwrite.

The computer is a Dell Latttitude XPi P100SD laptop. I have a clean
2.1 GB HDD and 32 MB of ram. The machine is in good working order (as
good as it can be with a microsoft OS, that is...).

When I attempt to boot the machine from the floppy, it starts reading
the floppy then displays "LI" then just stops doing anything.

I've tried rewriting the floppy to no avail. I've tried booting to
the floppy in another machine and I get the same results.

Can anyone suggest a fix? I'm trying hard to become a linux weenie,
but getting stalled on the install boot disk does not bode well....

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Ruggedized Itronix laptop HOWTO
    ... I bought a cheap ruggedized laptop and got Slackware Linux working on it. ... You have to have some copy of a Linux system to install it. ... Linux kernel and ramdisk. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Subject: converting user to linux
    ... i see this as an oppertunity to convert her to Linux on her Sony VAIO ... she bought me a licensed copy of windows xp pro last year. ... could install it on her laptop. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Can you say ripoff - OT
    ... "Ah Linux just doesnt work on my laptop" .... ... Normal install breaks in partitioning ......good no worries ... I take another 2 days to get my nvidia driver compiled and running ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Laptop Question
    ... > linux user, so I would like to buy a linux friendly laptop. ... I need Windows for my college application. ... It is not really a problem, the restore partition is an image of a completed proper windows install, with all drivers and devices configured to work properly in the default configuration. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Newbie to Linux / Networking
    ... I tried an Ubuntu live CD ... > installing Linux on the laptop so far, ... Linux was DESIGNED with the network in mind. ... I would NOT install Ubuntu because it is still to ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)