Network driver issues in Fedora 2

From: George Moseley (gmoseley_at_nospam.midsouth.rr.com)
Date: 09/27/04

    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:02:47 GMT

    I am just learning Linux after 16+ years as a Novell/Windows NT network professional. The problem I am running into on my test box is with my network adaptor. I am using a Siemens WLAN USB adaptor (1022). I downloaded the drivers from ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/, but there are no real instructions. I am using Fedora Core 2.

    Can anyone give me any guidance what to do with these drivers? The instructions tell me to do a "make config", but that doesn't get me past the "Linux source directory" where I get an error. If I leave the default /usr/src/linux, I get a "Linux source tree /usr/src/linux is incomplete or missing" message. If I change the directory to /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358, I get the same message except it also tells me that "The kernel header files are present, but not the full source code."

    If I could just get the network going on this machine, I would feel like I have accomplished something. Please give me some help.

    Thanks,

    George