Re: Mandrake Install Question

From: Wayne (rondonjin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/20/04

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:27:28 +0900

On Wednesday 20 Oct 2004 20:16 Don Loder wrote:

> OK after you download allof the FILES for Mandrake 10.0
> what do you do with them?
>
> Can you write them to CD-Rs and go install on a blank 40 Gb Hard Disk
> Drive?
>
> Sorry to ask such basic questions, but with all of the myriad doc
> files I still can't find the answer to these basics!

You've downloaded all the wrong stuff. There are usually 3
ISO files that you burn to CD with Whatever you're using in
your current OS. Here is a link to the 4 ISO's that make up
Mandrake 10:

http://games.gci.net/pub/Linux/Mandrake/Mandrakelinux-10.0-Official/

Read the instructions for your burning software for how to
deal with them

Wayne

--
While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only
used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mandrake Install Question
    ... > Can you write them to CD-Rs and go install on a blank 40 Gb Hard Disk ... > Sorry to ask such basic questions, but with all of the myriad doc ... ISO files that you burn to CD with Whatever you're using in ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Mandrake Install Question
    ... OK after you download allof the FILES for Mandrake 10.0 ... Can you write them to CD-Rs and go install on a blank 40 Gb Hard Disk ... Sorry to ask such basic questions, but with all of the myriad doc ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Mandrake Install Question
    ... OK after you download allof the FILES for Mandrake 10.0 ... Can you write them to CD-Rs and go install on a blank 40 Gb Hard Disk ... Sorry to ask such basic questions, but with all of the myriad doc ...
    (alt.linux)
  • RE: Mount iso to install rpms using "add/remove applications" - cantfind cd
    ... Mount iso to install rpm's using "add/remove applications" - ... now, when you want to install packages, it's all in a gui... ... > Now i would like to add some packages (from the iso files, ... > To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: how to install a package from the iso files
    ... I skiped some optional packages because I ... > iso files, I should be able to install them from the 3 iso files. ... First, mount each ISO ...
    (linux.redhat.install)