Re: Internet acces on Mandrake 9.2

From: Mikoangelo (zvxbnatryb_at_tznvy.pbz)
Date: 11/03/04

Date: 03 Nov 2004 20:17:05 GMT

[On on, 03 nov 2004 17:16:36 GMT, "Sybren Stuvel" wrote (link:

> Mikoangelo enlightened us with:
>> I want to use the internet from my linux computer. I'm currently
>> running Mandrake 9.2 (don't ask), and my mothers computer (the
>> gateway, is that what it's called, the computer that's plugged onto
>> the internet, and I use to do the same?) is running WinXP Pro. How
>> do I do that?
>
> Turn on "internet connection sharing" on the WinXP box, and make it a
> DHCP server. That should do the trick.
>
>> I've heard something about a program called samba, but what's that?
>
> Not needed for what you want.
>
> Sybren

Actually, I have NO idea how to do what you tell me to do :(
:'-(

--
Mikael S. H. AKA
"Mikoangelo"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet acces on Mandrake 9.2
    ... >> I want to use the internet from my linux computer. ... > NICs? ... The gateway uses a connection over an antenna cable. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Iptables question about peer-to-peer rules
    ... I've been able to use my Linux machine as a print server by ... > Which, of course, means that iptables rules should be read in at boot ... > This seems a little weird, as 10.0.0.1 is my gateway to the internet. ... > costs rule out having my Linux computer always running. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Iptables question about peer-to-peer rules
    ... As far as I have been able to suss out, my ADSL modem or my switch is ... attached to my Linux computer. ... as 10.0.0.1 is my gateway to the internet. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Internet acces on Mandrake 9.2
    ... > I want to use the internet from my linux computer. ... is running WinXP Pro. ... The problem with the world is stupidity. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Network problem
    ... If you want someone to get out onto the internet set ... > their default gateway to the ip address of the main computer Leave ... ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, ... away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes; ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)