Re: Internet acces on Mandrake 9.2

From: Mikoangelo (zvxbnatryb_at_tznvy.pbz)
Date: 11/04/04

Date: 04 Nov 2004 19:13:19 GMT

[On on, 03 nov 2004 23:44:33 GMT, "ERACC" wrote (link:

> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:28:33 +0000, Mikoangelo wrote:
>
>> I want to use the internet from my linux computer. I'm currently
>> running Mandrake 9.2 (don't ask), and my mothers computer (the
>> gateway, is that what it's called, the computer that's plugged
>> onto the internet, and I use to do the same?) is running WinXP
>> Pro. How do I do that?
>
> You really need to provide more information about the internet
> setup. Dial-up? xDSL? Cable? Router? Is there a switch involved?
> Does your mother's XP box have 2 NICs? Does your Linux box have 2
> NICs?

I really don't know all these things.
The gateway uses a connection over an antenna cable (no dial-up).
I've got an ethernet hub, but I don't know how to use it.
What's a NIC?
Sorry for being such a bad poster, but I really don't know all these
things. I'm a web-programmer, for heavens sake, I don't do hardware! :)

--
Mikael S. H. AKA
"Mikoangelo"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Routing and Remote Access" in Windows Server 2003
    ... Set the default gateway of NIC B to NIC A. ... > say that I have to make sure no filtering blocks internet address, ... > Server computer. ... > In "Routing and Remote Access" I have added both NICS. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: default gateway question
    ... A Default Gateway is a *global* thing for the entire machine. ... "grey out" that option on all other Nics when one Nic aready has the ... Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
  • Re: Dual NICs on Server 2003 issue
    ... The OUTSIDE Nic is the Internet. ... connects via another gateway to a remote site that is on a 10.0.1.x subnet. ... 192.168.87.x network INTERNAL then via the 192.168.87.1 gateway to the ... > stand alone server in an existing AD domain we have 2 NICS installed. ...
  • Re: Choosing from multiple network connections
    ... >handle Internet routing, especially in case of very sensitive traffic. ... >traffic should at least *not* go via other NICs. ... Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Behavior When Connected to Both ... Default Gateway Behavior for Windows TCP/IP ...
  • Re: IP Config with 2 NICs Wizard dont work, Static dont work!
    ... Hi Merv, You were spot on, removing the internal gateway field solved the ... However internet setup wiz still reported an error. ... ive made a note that SBS earmarks the internal nic early on in preceedings. ... > the 2 NICs in your SBS server, and that you have configured them per the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)