Was: CDROM with raid

From: Tom (tombro_at_usa.net)
Date: 11/17/04

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:15:14 -0500

The saga continues.

I finally figured out how to format software raid 1 partitions on my 2 IDE
drives using Disk Druid.
The installation accepted everything, formatted the partitions and FC3
loaded without a hitch from CDROM.

When I re-booted after installation, all I got on the screen was:

LI

I assume that is the start of the word LILO.
Lilo was never mentioned durring install.
In fact, I thought Grub was the default.

Any thoughts as to what happened and how I can repair it.

I'll do a fresh install if I have to. I would just like to know what went
wrong.

Thanks for any advice. Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Installer inadequacies
    ... Reinventing disk partitioning here is a total disaster. ... "New for the sake of being different" is a way of life in Fedora, and I find that the need to have the latest is the only objective being given value, while no thought is being given to preserving the value of experience gained by current users. ... Note that /boot is not encrypted but all the other Linux partitions ... selected) I selected the sole disk available for installation, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Installer inadequacies
    ... Reinventing disk partitioning here is a total disaster. ... I have been unable to use my existing partitions as I wish. ... to hold the latest and prior Fedora systems. ... selected) I selected the sole disk available for installation, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Want a HowTo for multibooting two or more Vista versions
    ... The use of XOSL removes the need for each Vista installation to have its own ... logical partitions. ... I have not actually read the license text in these folders, ...
  • Re: Two Lenny problems
    ... that the installation will have to be repeated in order to get the sound ... three partitions, but usually at least five ... The multiple partitions of Debian is one of the ... partitions and logical drives. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Invocation of applications which require root permitions
    ... During installation, I typed the root password and later made the first user. ... because the custom one allows you to choose and edit partitions and avoids that problem. ... What it leads me to say, is that during the several I did with Ubuntu among which half a dozen just for tests and explore the install possibilities, expert mode would never ruin a user's caracteristics. ...
    (Ubuntu)