Linux is simple to install!

From: Tab (trenta11enblack_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/20/04

Date: 19 Nov 2004 16:01:15 -0800

I've just started using Linux and I think it's great!
I installed Mandrake 10.1 and despite a few minor problems (see below)
I was able to get it up and running.
I did have to replace a few pieces of hardware like:
My RAID controller (VIA VT6410).
My Printer Lexmark Z68
My Sound board Crystal 1674
My scanner Canoscan 681P parallel port scanner.
My Microsoft Tilt Wheel Mouse.
My ATI All in Wonder video board.

But now that I have solved all the problems, Linux runs GREAT!
Tab

Sinister Midget

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question!
    ... First off, Linux is merely a kernel, although ... Second, all the distros work for the most part, unless one ... and while I'm having minor problems ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Linux is simple to install!
    ... Simple things for simple minds. ... > My scanner Canoscan 681P parallel port scanner. ... > My ATI All in Wonder video board. ... > But now that I have solved all the problems, Linux runs GREAT! ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux Fails at a Simple Task Once Again (k3b and Suse )
    ... >>compatability DB. ... > And yet all of my hardware, works fine with Linux. ... 100% compatible, but because it might be a parallel port scanner, is not ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: one thing i find anoying is
    ... it costs ALOT more to support a linux distribution, ... would be calling support and talking for hours on how to solve some ... minor problems, and they would just start whining on how much easier it ... would be to have windows because they think windows is "high tech" and ...
    (Ubuntu)