Re: Linux---> The OS for The Homeless <<<--------

From: ray (ray_at_zianet.com)
Date: 12/13/04

Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:24:34 -0700

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:06:07 -0500, Amarnaut Chedda wrote:

> Why does it seem that Linux users are constantly begging for driver
> support? Sounds a lot like begging for food at Penn Station (NYC) in the
> wee hours of the morning.

Actually, I've had no problem with linux support for everything I have. It
is true that I have taken to buying hardware I know will work with Linux,
but that is no real problem either.

> Doesn't it make you Linux fools feel cheap to beg for hardware support
> for your precious OS when Windows supports all the hardware you are
> crying about?

No begging here, I simply refuse to purchase hardware from companies who
won't bother to release enough precious information to allow proper
drivers to be written.

> What a bunch of whores the Linux community is.

I think that is not a logical conclusion given the facts.

Relevant Pages

  • NMI watchdog doesnt know what hardware to touch
    ... NMI watchdog doesn't know what hardware to touch ... Linux 2.6.24-rc5-g4af75653 on x86_64 ... # SCSI support type ... # Input Device Drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: The new Ubuntu is here!
    ... One of the reasons why Microsoft and Apple are so popular is that you can get technical support. ... Linux cannot be blamed for Canon et al not making drivers for their hardware. ... I wouldn't like it to be (all my music is in ogg format!). ...
  • Re: NVIDIA driver *taints* kernel???
    ... besides being one of the areas where Linux needs ... broaden hardware support, consumer hardware at that, and whether we like ... themselves (which has been the case for 3D graphics cards from nVidia ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: NVIDIA driver *taints* kernel???
    ... besides being one of the areas where Linux needs ... > broaden hardware support, consumer hardware at that, and whether we like ... > pedantic purity are mutually exclusive (refering to pure OSS and mass ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Linux, over hyped by the Linux community, discuss.
    ... software developers and hardware manufactures, fine as a web server yet ... OS still with a tiny market share even though many of the Linux community ... Samsung have very good support. ... I took my time doing the install and setup. ...
    (alt.os.linux)