Re: Linux---> The OS for The Homeless <<<--------

From: ray (ray_at_zianet.com)
Date: 12/13/04

Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:24:34 -0700

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:06:07 -0500, Amarnaut Chedda wrote:

> Why does it seem that Linux users are constantly begging for driver
> support? Sounds a lot like begging for food at Penn Station (NYC) in the
> wee hours of the morning.

Actually, I've had no problem with linux support for everything I have. It
is true that I have taken to buying hardware I know will work with Linux,
but that is no real problem either.

> Doesn't it make you Linux fools feel cheap to beg for hardware support
> for your precious OS when Windows supports all the hardware you are
> crying about?

No begging here, I simply refuse to purchase hardware from companies who
won't bother to release enough precious information to allow proper
drivers to be written.

> What a bunch of whores the Linux community is.

I think that is not a logical conclusion given the facts.