Linux Sucks BIG TIME

yasser_at_assam.com
Date: 12/27/04

Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:31:06 +0000

I tried for 3 friggin weeks to get Knoppix to do the following

- Start my favorite program at startup
- Work with my Hauppage TV capture card
- Work with my winmodem
- Get it to share out the Internet connection to the rest of the
network

I got Windows 2000 to do ALL the above in a day.

Linux HAS A LONG WAY TO GO.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux Sucks BIG TIME
    ... >- Start my favorite program at startup ... >- Work with my Hauppage TV capture card ... >- Work with my winmodem ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux Sucks BIG TIME
    ... > - Start my favorite program at startup ... > - Work with my Hauppage TV capture card ... You got a winmodem to work in Windows?? ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux Sucks BIG TIME
    ... > I tried for 3 friggin weeks to get Knoppix to do the following ... > - Start my favorite program at startup ... Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux Sucks BIG TIME
    ... > I tried for 3 friggin weeks to get Knoppix to do the following ... > - Start my favorite program at startup ... Nobody points a gun at ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Knoppix 5.0 on nc6210
    ... mgoovaerts@xxxxxxxxx pinched out a steaming pile ... I'm trying to startup from the Knoppix 5.0 CD on my HP/compaq ...
    (alt.os.linux)