Re: Why Windows is Easier than Linux For An End User, Especially for Multimedia work.

From: The Ghost In The Machine (ewill_at_sirius.athghost7038suus.net)
Date: 01/17/05

    Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:01:50 GMT

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
    <jkerouac@bgsec.com>
     wrote
    on Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:58:27 +0100
    <yYOGd.212752$r4.12147834@news-reader.eresmas.com>:
    > Laurence Payne wrote:
    >> Linux provides excellent glasses, in any material, size and colour you
    >> like. But you have to provide your own string.
    >
    > There is the fun of using Linux. You can make your own string, something
    > you can't do in other Operating Systems, but it has the same or more
    > glasses than Windows or MacOSX.
    >
    > (this seems like an encrypted conversation from a submarine)

    Aren't analogies fun? :-)

    Windows: One (1) size fits all Microsoft Plastic Tumbler, with hole.
              One (1) Microsoft String(tm).

    Note that one needs Microsoft Pitcher to make maximum use
    of the Microsoft Plastic Tumbler, as well as a third-party
    HolePlugger if one wants to actually use it for drinking.
    Communications are effected by attaching the String to
    the Microsoft Plastic Tumbler using a Microsoft String
    To Plastic Tumbler Attachment Device (patent pending).
    While the Microsoft String To Plastic Tumbler Attachment
    Device can be used for drinking, a slow leak may require
    one to clean up afterwards using Microsoft Pre-Moistened
    Towelette Units. (Microsoft String will swell up, plugging
    the leak, if one uses Microsoft Powdered Drink Solution
    in Microsoft Water.)

    Linux: See below.

    Depending on what one actually wants to do, one can:

    [1] Take sand and fabricate one's own glass, and make one's
        own twine. This is probably the toughest.

    [2] Take glass chips and fabricate one's own glass.

    [3] Take glass or plastic pieces and put together a good, solid
        drinking utensil, serving utensil, jug, drum, or tank.

    [4] Take a plastic cone and some Standard String and assemble
        a multiway "phone" network (with a knot in the middle
        of the string that other strings can attach to).

    [5] Squeeze oranges to make a refreshing drink.

    :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

    • Re: Why Windows is Easier than Linux For An End User, Especially for Multimedia work.
      ... You can make your own string, ... One size fits all Microsoft Plastic Tumbler, ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: PRODUCT calculation in queries
      ... The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the input table or query ... After pasting it into the code window, choose Compile on the Debug menu. ... Function Product(strField As String, strTable As String, _ ... Dim dblResult As Double ...
      (microsoft.public.access.queries)
    • Re: input type="radio" ASP.net bug
      ... > Microsoft does not make decisions regarding their object models based on ... W3C is the authorative source for HTML and CSS. ... > HTTP POST is a string. ... Microsoft is about standards. ...
    • Re: problem logging off and shutting down
      ... One using the Windows OS CD ... using repar from the setup menu and another microsoft repair tool that I ran ... I have been all over the Microsoft website and internet trying to ... #1 is a String Value ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Not sure this should be Excel or ACCESS
      ... Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library ... I hd copy yr. module into my Excel VBA editor nand changed the poitner to my ... Dim MyFile As String 'DB name ... Dim con As New ADODB.Connection ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)