Re: Help configuring a consumer Linux workstation - Distro?

From: jared (jared_at_hwai.com)
Date: 02/01/05

    Date: 1 Feb 2005 11:12:12 -0800

    Alan,

    Thanks for the reply - I am not a Linux novice, just haven't paid
    attention to the consumer side, but am now looking to put my wife on it
    as well. SUSE is currently available as a free download months after
    being released. Ximian (Novell Desktop) is no longer available for
    free, even in crippled form. I don't blame Novell (or SUSE), but I
    don't want to trade one master for another. Unfortunately, because of
    VMware's requirements it looks like I will have to run SUSE 9.1.

    Thanks for replying - I appreciate you (and everyone else in the
    thread) taking the time to post a response.

    Kind regards,
    jh