Re: Any equivalent of AUTOCAD is there?

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez (jkerouac_at_bgsec.com)
Date: 03/12/05

Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:34:52 +0100

Srikanth NS wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am a mech engineer. If there is one application which I felt Linux could
> not match properly, I felt it was Autocad.
>
> I felt really handicapped as in my regular work , I have to embed drawings
> in my reports etc., make pdf files out of it and such other works. This is
> the thing which hampers me going the whole hog to linux in my office work.

If you are a mech engineer maybe Pro/Engineer can be what you are
looking for. There's a version for Linux. The only problem it's that
is very expensive.
The url is: http://www.ptc.com

> Pl do not suggest qcad as i struggled with it for a week and threw it
> because user-friendliness is alien to it. Though I am not very proficient, I
> can do Autocad work . But in qcad , it was a struggle even to draw simple
> shapes.
>
> Can any of you suggest a better application which is good enough and having
> some of the major features at leasy of Autocad and capable of being
> copy/pasted into other applns(like OO)?
>
> Srikanth

Regards.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Any equivalent of AUTOCAD is there?
    ... Srikanth NS wrote: ... > the thing which hampers me going the whole hog to linux in my office work. ... If you are a mech engineer maybe Pro/Engineer can be what you are ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: bgSEC distributes bastion-firewall under the GPL license
    ... > used Linux for more than a month, yet alone written something for Linux ... release of my own project is not bad netiquette, ... It's free software, did you forget it? ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Misguided Newbie?
    ... > Freedom of choice between 100's of alpha level applications. ... You can contract support for every important Linux application ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: install antivirus on router/firewall ?
    ... Danny wrote: ... > I'm building a linux router for 5 windows workstations. ... For the antivirus you can use ClamAV if you want free software quite ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Locking up linux so it can be equal or safer to Windows.
    ... > I'm ready to change religion from Windows to Linux but I'm concerned ... > about the web surfing security side of the equation. ... > Which areas of Linux should I lock-up to prevent spywares to install, ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)