Error with VMware and Ubuntu (Debian)

From: /root (root_at_msn.com)
Date: 03/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:46:16 GMT

I received this error when I reboot the machine and run VMWare each time
(only after reboot)....must be losing it setting.

VMWare Workstation is installed, but it has not been (correctly) configured
for your running kernel. To (re-) configure it, your system administrator
must find and run "vmware-config.pl".

Anyhow, the temporary fix is to run the vmware-config.pl and it runs some
scripts on its own then it executes fine after that,,,except after the
machine is rebooted. I think it has something to do with update. Anyhow,
this is my machine info - Linux kubuntu01 2.6.10-5-686 #1 Thu Mar 24
14:58:42 GMT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

Any ideas on what I need to do to correct it?

Relevant Pages

  • Error with VMware and Ubuntu (Debian)
    ... I received this error when I reboot the machine and run VMWare each time ... ....must be losing it setting. ... VMWare Workstation is installed, but it has not been configured ... scripts on its own then it executes fine after that,,,except after the ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Error with VMware and Ubuntu (Debian)
    ... I received this error when I reboot the machine and run VMWare each time ... ....must be losing it setting. ... VMWare Workstation is installed, but it has not been configured ... scripts on its own then it executes fine after that,,,except after the ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • VMware Workstation 6.0.2 on F8: Re-run vmware-config.pl after every reboot
    ... I have VMware Workstation 6.0.2, both 32 and 64-bit versions, installed ... vmware-config.pl after every reboot. ... preserving the vmnet devices. ... In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Saving desktop settings
    ... If you are talking about losing the positioning of your icons when you make ... a change and then reboot then check this out. ...
  • Re: HOW DO REBOOT THE SYSTEM COMPLETELY???
    ... hidekelip wrote: ... > I need to reboot the whole system without losing XP... ... <- Shenan -> ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)