Error with VMware and Ubuntu (Debian)

From: /root (root_at_msn.com)
Date: 03/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:46:16 GMT

I received this error when I reboot the machine and run VMWare each time
(only after reboot)....must be losing it setting.

VMWare Workstation is installed, but it has not been (correctly) configured
for your running kernel. To (re-) configure it, your system administrator
must find and run "vmware-config.pl".

Anyhow, the temporary fix is to run the vmware-config.pl and it runs some
scripts on its own then it executes fine after that,,,except after the
machine is rebooted. I think it has something to do with update. Anyhow,
this is my machine info - Linux kubuntu01 2.6.10-5-686 #1 Thu Mar 24
14:58:42 GMT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

Any ideas on what I need to do to correct it?