loing as root user

From: Ciur Eugen (puishor_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/14/05

Date: 13 Jun 2005 15:11:47 -0700

Hi !

every time when I start konsole , I get loging as usual user.
To switch to root user I must enter:
> su
> passwd :

Even if I put su statement in .bashrc it would ask me the password.
So... the question is what sould i write in .bashrc (eventually plus
the password) , so that konsole app would login me as a root user by
default ?

10x.

Relevant Pages

  • Login as a root
    ... every time when I start konsole, I get loging as usual user. ... To switch to root user I must enter: ... Even if I put su statement in .bashrc it would ask me the password ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: kdes konsole insists on opening as root
    ... as user, but insisted on opening as root user, presenting me ... That sounds like the Konsole on Kmenu named. ... insists on opening a root terminal. ...
    (Fedora)
  • kdes konsole insists on opening as root
    ... user, but insisted on opening as root user, presenting me with a ... terminal, run konsole from kmenu, or do an Alt-F2 to get a run ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: loing as root user
    ... > every time when I start konsole, I get loging as usual user. ... > To switch to root user I must enter: ... so that konsole app would login me as a root user by ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • RE: Problem changing local root password
    ... the root user is in the passwd file on the machine i am logging into. ... if your sure that's it's not a NIS problem then I dont know what it could ...
    (RedHat)