Re: loing as root user

From: WareKala (WareKala_at_lag.ath.cx)
Date: 06/14/05

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:24:36 +0300

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:38:25 +0200, Sybren Stuvel kirjoitti:
> You say you hate sudo, but you obviously don't even know how it works
> and what it can do. It can let you enter commands as root without
> having to type a password. You can configure it to ask for a password
> no more than once a day if you'd like.
>
> Sybren
Yes, I do know what sudo is and what it does, but it's even more
convenient and easy to just log in as root and not care about sudo at all.
It's just the way I like it, and I'm not trying to recommend it to anyone
else.
 -WareKala

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4 and monitor powering off.
    ... I changed it so that it would run as root since I have to ... I have sudo configured so my normal user has very limited access (some ... commands, with specific parameters. ... The admin user has full passwordless access to do everything root could ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: use sudo without having to type password?
    ... > There are lots of very valid reasons for having password-less sudo ... > commands available. ... >> If you have to do anything as root, you should have to type a password ... It should stand as a warning that they're about to ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Change Permissions on a new hard drive to allow write...Problem Solved
    ... Please tell how I could have solved the problem without logging in as ... You'd use sudo or one of its graphical derivatives, ... Those three commands could have been used to do everything you did ... logging in as root. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] sudoers problem
    ... specific commands only, then gave the ALL commands privilege. ... Even when given root privilege for all commands, ... The script works from root and under sudo but i ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Root access loggin
    ... Subject: Root access loggin ... commands with sudo assume that the user actually knows what commands ... Sudo wouldn't be any help here cause I would need to pre approve ... the wheel group and using visudo to grant wheel access to everything ...
    (freebsd-questions)