Re: LiveCD with SPAMAssassin and ClamAV for Exchange 2003 use?

From: Sybren Stuvel (sybrenUSE_at_YOURthirdtower.com.imagination)
Date: 07/01/05

Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:36:12 +0200

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.os.linux.]
KP enlightened us with:
> Anyone know of a LiveCD that has SpamAssassin and ClamAV that can be
> used to filter our Exchange 2003 mail server?

Huh? You think Linux is good enough for spam and virus scanning, but
not good enough to actually be a mail server?

Anyway, I suggest you build a complete Linux SMTP server, for example
using Exim. Use that as your MX host, then let it forward the mail to
Exchange if you really want to use that. Then you have all the
flexibility of a Linux box right there.

Sybren

                                             Frank Zappa

Relevant Pages

  • Re: email aliases
    ... Actually before this our company using sendmail (running on linux) as our ... mail server. ... there for we make aliases for grouping users. ... > You need to install the admin pack and then the Exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: can I send mail from a linux box in an exchange world?
    ... I have a couple of Linux boxes and I'd like to ... Do I have to make postfix relay to exchange? ... and use a windows account to authenticate. ... our mail server and I needed to use the internal name. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: can I send mail from a linux box in an exchange world?
    ... I have a couple of Linux boxes and I'd like to ... Do I have to make postfix relay to exchange? ... and use a windows account to authenticate. ... our mail server and I needed to use the internal name. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Is it useful to have an antivirus in Linux OS?
    ... > Is it useful/necessary to have an antivirus software in Linux OS? ... Only to scan for Windows viruses. ... My mail server has one. ... The problem with the world is stupidity. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Migrating mailboxes from linux to Exchange 2003
    ... I have a very rare and nice problem, after too much time using a linux ... machine for our mail infraestructure we're implementing an exchange 2003 ... mail server, but is there a way to migrate those mailboxes from linux to our ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)