BADMBR??

From: JS (d44sf_at_44ada.com)
Date: 07/01/05

Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:56:26 +0200

I have tried to run "sudo fdisk /dev/hdb" (that is the HDD where ubuntu is
installed) but then I get this error:

johs@ubuntu:~ $ sudo fdisk /dev/hdb

The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 39693.
There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024,
and could in certain setups cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs
   (e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)

Command (m for help):

How do I fix this?

When I try to format this HDD from Partition Magic in WinXP I get an error
that says BADMBR and I cannot make any changes to the HDD. I guess its
related to the message that I get when I run fdisk in ubuntu.

Hope someone can help